- Protection of minors
- Rules of responsible participation in games of chance
- Self-assessment questionnaire for the purpose of preventing excessive participation in games of chance
- Contact information for assistance due to excessive participation in games of chance
Participation in games of chance is increasingly available and popular. As the number of participants increases, so do the number of gambling addicts, and we want to bring information to all players about the possibilities of participating in the game, point out the harmful consequences of addiction, and point out who they can turn to for professional help.
In accordance with legal regulations, SVIJET ZABAVE JEDAN d.o.o. undertakes efforts to meet the needs of participants in games of chance, and enable them to participate in a safe and legal way, preventing or minimizing possible harmful consequences of excessive participation in games of chance.
II. PROTECTION OF MINORS
Children and minors under the age of 18 are not allowed to enter our slot clubs and play on machines.
Maximum protection of minors also depends on cooperation with parents and guardians.
If family members have gambling and addiction problems, minors are also at risk, which we need to influence.
We consistently restrict access to slot clubs to all persons under the age of 18.
III. RULES OF RESPONSIBLE PARTICIPATION IN GAMES OF CHANCE
Responsible participation in games of chance means that the main motive for playing is fun, not the desire for possible profit.
Below are the rules that every participant of the games of chance should follow, so please study them carefully:
- Participation in games of chance is for entertainment only.
- Clearly determine how much money you are willing to allocate to participate in the game.
- Consider the money you lose as the price of your entertainment, and every win as a reward.
- Determine in advance the time period that you will set aside for games of chance, and after its expiration, stop playing.
- Always be aware of the fact that the odds of winning are less than the odds of losing.
- Don’t borrow money for gambling. Never.
- Do not allow games of chance to rule your life, and to affect your family life, work, education, etc.
- Never invest your money due to the fact that you lost in the previous game, to make up for your total loss.
- Be informed about the signs and consequences of excessive participation in games of chance in order to know how to stop and/or ask for help in time.
IV. Gambling Addiction Test
Below are questions taken from Gamblers Anonymous, which you can answer YES or NO to assess your gambling addiction.Jeste li ikada izostali s posla, iz škole, fakulteta ili zapostavili svoje obveze radi sudjelovanja u igrama na sreću?
- Have you ever missed work, school, college or neglected your responsibilities to participate in games of chance?
- Has participation in games of chance had a bad effect on your family life?
- Has participation in games of chance had a bad effect on your reputation in society?
- Have you ever felt remorse after participating in games of chance?
- Have you ever participated in games of chance to get money to pay bills or deal with other financial difficulties?
- Has participation in games of chance reduced your ambitions or efficiency?
- After a loss, did you feel that you had to return the lost amount as soon as possible?
- After winning, did you have a strong need to win more?
- Have you ever participated in games of chance until you spent the last kuna?
- Have you ever borrowed money to participate in games of chance?
- Have you ever sold something to have money to participate in games of chance?
- Did you use the money from the winnings or the money intended for the games of chance “with a heavy heart” for normal living expenses?
- Have you become careless and neglected your own well-being and/or the well-being of your family due to participating in games of chance?
- Have you ever participated in games of chance for longer than you planned?
- Do games of chance represent for you an “escape” from worries, difficulties, boredom or loneliness?
- Have you ever committed or considered committing an illegal act in order to collect money to participate in games of chance?
- Have you ever thought about gambling caused you sleep disturbances?
- Do quarrels, disappointments or frustrations stimulate in you a greater need to participate in games of chance?
- Do you need to celebrate some happy event by “treating” yourself to a few hours of participation in games of chance?
- Have you ever thought about suicide because of problems caused by participating in gambling?
If you answered “YES” to one or more questions, it is a sign of increased caution when participating in games of chance.
V. CONTACT INFORMATION FOR HELP
- KLOK (club of gambling addicts)
- Doc.dr.sc. Zoričić
- Dr. Robert Torre
- Helpline telefon: 0800-7888
- Email: email@example.com
- Addiction Prevention Center
- Teaching Institute for Public Health
- Kalvarija 8, Rijeka
- prof. psychology Pino Tuftan
- Contact phone: 091/720-1053